Sunday, January 8, 2012

Open Gym and a Modification

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Friendship has open gym on Sundays, and I have been using those days to work on my squatting.  I'm doing this "Hatch Squat" program in an effort to get my numbers up.  You input your 1RM for your back squat and your front squat, and you get a 12 week program based on percentages of the 1RM.  It is supposed to be done 2 days a week, but I'm only doing it 1 day for now because we do so much during the week. I did Week 2, Day 2 today.

Back Squat:  1x10  125#
                      1x8    135# should've been 145#, but math is hard so I had to do an extra set
                      1x8    145#
                      1x8    155#
                      1x8    165#

Front Squat: 1x5    115#
                     1x5    125#
                     1x5    135#
                     1x5    135#

 All the reps went really well.  All in all, I felt good.

I was talked into doing a metcon with a couple of guys.  It included box jumps.  Unless, it comes up in the programming or unless it is part of the open, I'm not doing box jumps any more.  I don't like them, and I'm not a responsible box jumper...as my shins can attest.

15-12-9   (7:18)   (144 reps/3 seconds a rep)
30" Box Jumps
Pull-ups
Kettle bell Swings
Push Press (75#)

The workout felt great (except for the box jumps).  The pull-ups were awesome.   I didn't really need any breaks (except following a little shin scrape).  I'm actually a little pissed off about the box.  I know better. I can't be trusted on the box.

Breakfast Shake

I really like the shake, but it didn't really keep me full as long as I would've liked.  Also, I would like to reduce to amount of sugar that is in it.  I stopped by the store, and I picked up some steel cut oats.  They are very dense with nutrients.  When I make the shake tonight, I am going to increase the blocks to 6, and I am going to substitute oats for some of the orange juice.  I want to keep the berries because of their fiber content.  This should make it heartier too.

No comments:

Post a Comment