Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Experimentation

The breakfast experiment continues.

I tried reducing the amount of orange juice in the shake and adding a couple of servings of uncooked steel cut oats.  In my head, it wasn't going to change the shake that much.  In reality, while it was manageable, it really wasn't that good.  The texture was grainy, and, well, I don't recommend it. So, this morning, I tried the oats with a little honey and cinnamon. 

I felt really good after the shake, and I wondered whether that was just a result of ingesting a bunch of sugar.  Or was I feeling good because I was hormonally balanced, i.e. in the zone.  I thought eating the oats would tell me since they are devoid of sugar and (as I found out) flavor.  The verdict is that I still felt really good, and I don't think it was just the sugar.  The oats need work though.  I have to figure out how to make them good.  I'm thinking I will try cooking them with apples and cinnamon and see how that goes.


               Cal's    Fats    Saturated    Mono    Poly    Sodium    Carbs    Sugars    Fiber    Protein
2x Oats    300         5             0.5                                                 54                      12           10
2 eggs      142         5                2                                  140                                                  12
Protein     115                                                                                                                       28


I finished breakfast with 6 blocks of almonds.


Monday,  January 9, 2011

7x3 Floor Press (175#)

These felt good until I tried to go beyond 175#. It didn't feel right in my shoulder. I just put up 200# a week and half ago; so I know I can go heavier, but it didn't feel right at all.  Maybe I was in a weird position or something.  I definitely was not as comfortable on the floor as I am when I'm working with a bench.

10-1 DL (60% 1RM) (205#)  (11:06) 
150m Run in between rounds

So it was 10 DL, 150m, 9 DL, 150m, 8DL, etc.

Overall the lifts felt good.  I stretched afterward, and I am not feeling sore or tight at all today.  I know that my form suffered during wod though.  I really have to concentrate to maintain good form during this lift, and when I do them for time, I know that get sloppy.  Frankly, even when I try to go fast, I'm still just a slow deadlifter.  However, overall I am improving at it, and I'm much more comfortable with it than I was when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment