Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'm Certifiable

Friday, December 16, 2011:  Rest Day

Saturday, December 17, 2011:

That was my first day of the Level 1 Certification course.  It was an awesome day.  Throughout the entire cert, they really broke down the movements and progressions.  It was good to get back under a microscope, and I really took a lot from it.

At the end of the day, we did Fran. It was my first time doing as prescribed, and I completed it in 6:51.  I think it took me around 10:00 with just the bar when I first joined the gym.  I surprised a couple of the guys around me.  They were congratulating me on my time, and they were a little surprised since I'm a smaller guy.  My body under promised, and then I proceeded to over deliver.  It only gets better from here.


Sunday, December 18, 2011:

This was the second and last day of the cert.  We did a team workout in the morning, but it would be really annoying to type out how it worked so it will just have to be lost to the fog of memory.  I think the test went well.  There is always a little uncertainty that comes from not knowing the results, but I feel good.

Monday, December 19, 2011:

EMOM: 2 Squat Snatches (75#)
12 Mintues

This went really well.  My first couple of reps were terrible, but after the cert and a couple of cues from J, I was able to complete some (what felt like) technically solid reps.  I feel like I'm starting to get this lift.  Part of my problem was that I was anticipating trying to get under the bar, and I wasn't fully extending my hips, which was just destroying any power I might have generated.  Using the lighter weight was nice because it allowed to sort of let go of that second part of the lift and not worry about getting under it.  At a lighter weight, I was allowing myself to fully open up, which really just made it easier to get under.

In 8 minutes, complete 50 T2B in as few sets as possible.  I complete this in 3 sets (18,18,14).  This will be a fun one to hit up on a Sunday and see if I can do better.

10 Min. AMRAP   5(4)
10 Pull-ups
20 Broad Jumps (6ft(?))

I decided at the beginning that I was just going to set a deliberate pace that would keep me moving and keep me from having to rest.  I took about 15 seconds in the middle to drink some water, but for the most part I kept moving.  All but the last full set of pull-ups was unbroken.  The last full set I did 5-5.  At the end, I had the feeling that I definitely could've done more, but I was happy overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment